Friday 14 December 2012

From Dunblane to Newtown...How do you protect Children from such reckless mindless hate.

I can still remember the morning I heard of the Dunblane story. I Can still vividly see those parents running into the school to see if their children were safe. I can still remember questions I asked myself that day.

Why?
What happened?
What did the children do?

These were questions that came to my mind because then as well as now I  couldn't and can not seem to comprehend the rational behind shooting a child dead.

You see before that morning, I didn't know there was a town called Dunlane in Scotland. This afternoon, I didn't even know there was a town called Newtown in Connecticut USA. It is such a shame that wonderful communities get put on the map by events such as these. It is sad indeed.

What sick corner do people seem to turn that they in turn come up with the idea of taking a rifle to a child. Since that morning I heard about the Dublane story, I am afraid things have steadily become worse. Each deranged shooter trying to outdo his predecessor in some sick war against infants. What a tragedy of monumental proportions. How do you tell this? How do you prepare to fight this.



Though 18 children died today, a whole lot more have been scared and damaged for life. Families destroyed and livelihoods rendered null and void.

It is supposed to be a season of happiness and coming home. For a lot of Families in Newtown, there would be no coming home. In Connecticut today, it is a day of mourning and it would be a month to bury the dead. What chapter of ones life story should contain such an atrocity such as this. How do you weep? What do you tell a surviving child. How do you make him/her understand that they did nothing wrong?

My heart goes out to the People and Children of Newtown, Connecticut. You are in my prayers.

What a tragedy. What a Tragedy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment